(605) 472-4566

Redfield Alerts:

Outdoor Facilities

Legler Park (Upper City Park) Photo

Legler Park (Upper City Park)

A product of FDR’s New Deal, the stone benches and lighthouse was built in the l930s. Dean Waddington served as foreman. His crew was made up of young men between the ages of 17-25 who were in need of work. It acquired its name from Merle Legler, who took care of it for many years. Situated on the north part of Main Street, it has been the site of small weddings, VFW barbecues, and just a cool place to sit and ponder.

Click to Activate

14 West 5th Avenue
Redfield, SD 57469
Add to Report View Custom Report
Fast Fact Image

Redfield College 1885-1932

Redfield College was begun in 1885 by the pastor and congregation of the German Evangelical Congregational Church. It continued until 1932 when it merged with Yankton College.