1 Room School House
The school was located 3 miles north of Redfield from the Jct. of Hwy. 212 and 281, then 1.5 miles east
To see what a one room school house looks like visit the Spink County Museum.
The first school in Spink County was located on a one-acre plot. The schoolhouse was built in the spring of 1880 with lumber hauled 70 miles from Watertown. The school was then used for nearly 50 years before being replaced with a larger building. The original schoolhouse was moved to a site on Hwy. 281 and used as a meeting hall until its demolition in 1975.
Redfield, SD 57469