Pheasantennial Banquet October 30, 2019
Commemorating South Dakota's
1st Pheasant Hunting Season
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
at Shanty Haven - 1223 5th St W - Redfield SD 57469
Social Hour: 6:00 pm Prime Rib Meal: 7:00 pm
Program/Gun Raffle: 8:00 pm
Tickets are on sale for the banquet and can be purchased at local businesses, the Depot, or by contacting City Hall.
[ DOWNLOAD INFO ]
Raffle tickets for this beautiful Pheasant Quilt are now on sale at the Chicago & Northwestern Depot.
This quilt commemorates the 100th Anniversary of the first Pheasant Hunt, October 30, 1919.
Drawing will be held on December 14, 2019, at the Depot and you do not need to be present to win!
Cost: $5.00 per ticket or a book of 5 tickets for $20.00.
Proceeds will go toward the Kathy Maddox Model Train Project.
PHEASANTENNIAL CELEBRATION PROGRAM
October 30, 2019
Commemorating South Dakota’s First Pheasant Hunting Season.
A one-day hunt held on October 30, 1919 in Spink County.
Welcome – Randy Maddox
National Anthem – Miranda Mack, Miss SD 2017
Introductions – Randy Maddox
Grace – Father Tom Anderson
Prime Rib Meal
- Redfield Mayor Jayme Akin
- South Dakota Magazine Editor- At-Large Bernie Hunhoff
- South Dakota Governor Kriti Noem
Music by 2017 Miss South Dakota Miranda Mack
Gun Raffle for the Commemorative Beretta 12 gauge A400 shot gun donated by : Redfield Ringneck Association
Closing Remarks – Randy Maddox
Purchase licenses: A small game license is needed to hunt pheasants. Hunting licenses may be purchased at the following locations in Redfield:
- Appel Oil - 833 3rd St W
- Redfield Food Center - 516 Main St
- Spink Co. Treasurer - 210 7th Ave E
- Ace Hardware - 525 Main St
- Or on line at www.gfp.sd.gov
Public Hunting Areas: SD Public Hunting Atlas Updates
The South Dakota Hunting Atlas which contains information on private lands leased as public Walk-In Areas, the state's Game Production Areas, federal Waterfowl Production Areas, School Lands and lands under the Bureau of Land Management can be picked up at our visitor center or from the SD Game, Fish and Parks offices, licensing agents throughout the state or by emailing your request to the GF&P website.
South Dakota has three pheasant seasons:
- SD Regular Pheasant Season - the regular season, which traditionally opens the third Saturday in October each year (officially set until April).
- Youth Pheasant Season - a 2-day youth season (first weekend in October)
- 3-Day Resident Pheasant Season - 3-day resident-only season (Saturday - Monday after youth season)
Daily Limit: 3 cock pheasants
Possession Limit: 15 cock pheasants, taken according to daily limit.
- 12 noon Central Daylight Time to sunset through October
- 10 a.m. Central Standard Time to sunset the rest of the season.
Rules and Regulations: (Check the GF&P web site for official hunting regulations)
The Hunting Handbook has the general laws and regulations hunters need to know. It contains information such as license requirements, season dates, shooting hours and more.