(605) 472-4566

Redfield Alerts:

Outdoor Facilities

Outdoor Facilities

Projects

Click to Activate

To ensure most recent results clear your browser cache and refresh the page.





Abigail Gardner Commemorative Marker

Category:  Historical Sites

Located 2 miles north of Redfield along Hwy. 281 A concrete obelisks that commemorates the release of Abigail Gardner after 84 days of captivity by Indian renegades.

Artesian Building

Category:  Historical Sites

What is the OK Tire Store at 628 West 2nd Street in Redfield was known as the Norbeck and Nickolson Artesian Building when it was erected in 1908. The building was built at a cost of $20,000 and it served as the office and supply department for the well drilling operations...

Baldwin Hospital

Category:  Historical Sites

Used as a hospital until the early 1950's, currently used as apartments.

Belcher's Ford / Fisher Grove State Park

Category:  Historical Sites

Located 8 miles east of Redfield on Hwy. 212 at Fisher Grove State Park Belcher's Ford was named for the pioneer who came in 1879 and offered a ferry across the James River. A ford, a natural slope down the steep east bank, lay beside the Old Indian Crossing. That was...

Centennial Park

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Tennis, picnic shelter, comfort stations and American Legion ballfield.

City/Packard Park

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Disk Golf, three picnic shelters, three playground areas, basketball court, skate board court, walking/bike path, softball field, comfort stations (free bike usage).

Council Rock, Chief Drifting Goose, Abigail Gardner

Category:  Historical Sites

This region has a noble history that was first documented by Lewis and Clark in their journals. They recorded annual Indian tribal councils and trade fairs held at the Council Rock site. The Council Stone site was first occupied by a people who constructed a village of dirt lodges. The...

Eastern Star Home

Category:  Historical Sites

Located within Redfield City limits.

First Congregational United Church of Christ

Category:  Historical Sites

Early photo of the First Congregational United Church of Christ in Redfield.

First School

Category:  Historical Sites

Located 3 miles north of Redfield from the Jct. of Hwy. 212 and 281, then 1.5 miles east The first school in Spink County was located on a one-acre plot. The schoolhouse was built in the spring of 1880 with lumber hauled 70 miles from Watertown. The school was then used...

Fisher Grove Country Club

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Fisher Grove Country Club is a 10 hole golf course located between Redfield and Frankfort. We are conveniently next to Fisher Grove State Park and the James River.

Fisher Grove State Park

Category:  Campgrounds

The first crossing for the Watertown-to-Pierre stage line crossed the river here on American Indians' traditional rock river crossing. Belchers Ford, as the site was called, had a hotel for tourists. The park is named after Frank I. Fisher, the first permanent European settler in Spink County who lived at...

Granite Hall

Category:  Historical Sites

Located on the North Side of Redfield at the SDDC Campus Granite Cottage is so named because it was built of Sioux Falls Granite. It was initially the entire facility of the Northern Hospital for the Insane. Construction costs totaled $63,245 and utilization began February 1, 1902. The building had a capacity...

Hav-A-Rest Park

Category:  Outdoor Facilities, Campgrounds

Next to Redfield Lake... boat dock, fishing pier, picnic shelter, playground and comfort station.

Historic 1914 Chicago North Western Depot

Category:  Historical Sites

As was any town in the 1900’s, the Depot was the hub of the community; people coming & going, picking up & dropping off items to ship, sending & receiving telegrams. The beautiful Romanesque C&NW Depot was built in 1914 at the cost of $38,000. Considered a luxurious building with...

Hofeman's Haven & Campground

Category:  Campgrounds

No description available.

Legler Park (Upper City Park)

Category:  Historical Sites, Outdoor Facilities

The stone benches and lighthouse was erected by a gentleman named H.O. Fish during the years of World War II (1941-1946). The park is named in honor of Merle Legler who spent years caring for the park.

Municipal Pool

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Pool with water slide.

Norbeck-Nicholson Carriage House

Category:  Historical Sites

This rare example of a brick carriage house was built in 1909.

Pavillion

Category:  Historical Sites

Located on Redfield Lake, the Pavillion, was also known as the Auditorim...

Pheasant City Drive-In Theatre

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Located just one mile north of Redfield on Hwy 281. Pack up your lawn chairs, blankets and bring your family, neighbors & friends for a great night of entertainment & fun.

Redfield Carnegie Library, Est. 1902

Category:  Historical Sites

South Dakota’s Oldest Continuous Carnegie Library The Redfield Carnegie Library began as a reading club with members buying books to circulate. In 1900 the city applied to the Andrew Carnegie Foundation for a $10,000 endowment, which was awarded in March 1902. Carnegie's money enabled the community to erect a majestic red...

Redfield City Hall 1915

Category:  Historical Sites

Originally erected as a bank in 1915, until its closure in the 20s.

Redfield College 1885-1932

Category:  Historical Sites

Redfield College was begun in 1885 by the pastor and congregation of the German Evangelical Congregational Church. It continued until 1932 when it merged with Yankton College. The building then became the Eastern Star Home of South Dakota. The Spink County Museum has a book of information on the college. The...

Soccer Field

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Located on W 10th Ave, the soccer field is easily accessible west of US 281 on south side of Redfield.

Spink County 4-H Grounds

Category:  Campgrounds

Camping located at the Spink County Fairgrounds along US 281 on south side of Redfield.  Click for more details.

Spink County Courthouse

Category:  Historical Sites

Built in 1927, this building retains most of the oringinal interior features including marble stairs, wrought iron railings, and oak woodwork. Beautiful floor pattern on main floor.  This building houses the offices of spink county officials and the courtroom, which is on the third flood.

Spink County Museum

Category:  Historical Sites

Located at 3rd Street E. & 8th Avenue E. south of the Spink County Courthouse Open daily from 1:00 - 5:00 from June 1st to September 1st or by appointment. A member of the Spink County Historical Society will greet you and share the "stories" of the people whose picture and belongings...

Spink County Veteran's Memorial

Category:  Historical Sites

Located in the Northwest Corner of the Courthouse Lawn, Redfield. The caption reads "All Gave Some, Some Gave All."

St. Bernard Catholic Church

Category:  Historical Sites

St. Bernard Parish was founded in 1884 by Fr. J.G. Perreault .

Youth Ballfields

Category:  Outdoor Facilities

Located on the east side of Centennial Park